Extension Tips & Photos
We are certified in Tape-In extensions. They are extremely natural looking and there is no need for heat, glue, or any type of chemicals. The hair extension is held in place with a medical grade adhesive designed for hair, which secures the extension. With proper care, the tape will not weaken until you’re ready to remove it with the help or our trusty Tape-In Bond Remover.
Extensions need to be ‘refreshed’ about every 6-8 weeks. This charge is only $8 per wef as you have already paid for the hair, which is the biggest expense. A $50 removal fee will be applied when you are ready for them to come out.
We are certified in Clip-In extensions, they are perfect for those special occasions when you need to add a bit of color or texture to your hair. Clip-In hair extensions are extremely natural looking and the hair extension is held in place with a clip which secures the extension without damaging the natural hair.
Extensions should be washed and blow-dried after 1-3 uses depending on how they were styled to keep your Clip-Ins looking fresh and odor free.
We are certified in Top Knot Halo Extensions. They are a simple and easy solution to any woman’s hair to lengthen and create a fuller look. Using 100% Remy Human Hair, the Halo is a top quality hair extensions that are simple, easy and quick to install. Halo extensions use an adjustable wire that creates a comfortable fit. To wear, the TKHalo is simply placed on the crown of the head, and your natural hair is pulled through. You can then cut, color and style as you would your natural hair. Top Knot Halos are such a great introduction to hair extensions perfect for women who are active and take extensions in and out frequently.
Extensions should be washed and blow-dried after 1-3 uses depending on how they were styled to keep your Halo Clip-Ins looking fresh and odor free.
At Babydoll Hair, we only use top of the line quality 100% human Remy hair. The term ‘Remy’ simply implies that the manufacture of the hair took the time to look under a microscope and make sure all the cuticles of the hair are running in the same directions. This way it’s similar to your real hair and minimizes tangles. This hair will last approx 1 year depending on how you care for it. If you would prefer to wear them for a few months at a time and remove them, you can add the extensions in again at a later time. The hair we use is available in a multitude of beautiful, vibrant colors and can be curled, flat-ironed, washed, conditioned, permed and even colored.
We ask that you come in for a consultation minimum of one week prior to service. During the consultation, we will match your hair color exactly and based on the thickness of your hair, decide on approximately how many pieces you will need. An average head needs 100-150 strands. If you are comfortable with the information during the consultation and want to proceed, we require 50% down of the estimated cost to order your hair. We would then book your extension appointment for a week later.
Wear & Care
- Remember, hair extensions require maintenance. The better you take care of your hair, the longer your extensions will last.
- Always use a hair extension brush so when brushing you do not pull or catch on the extensions. Be sure your brush does not have loops on the ends of the bristles. A good extension brush will be made from 100% boar hair with nylon bristles sticking out above the boar hair.
- Brush 2-3 times a day and before showering or wetting hair. Hold the roots of your hair with one hand while brushing in a downward motion with the other. Brush gently, and pay particular attention to the bonds.
- Use a high quality, sulfate-free, color-safe shampoo & conditioner. Sulfates will dry the hair extensions out and may also adversely affect the extension bonds. Do not do a deep condition.
- Apply all oils and sprays from the midshaft down avoiding the bonds completely. Don’t chemically process the hair. Avoid any products that lighten natural color, create waves or straighten natural curl.
- Do not wash your hair too much. We recommend washing the hair as infrequent as possible. Certain hard or mineral intense water may also deteriorate bonds or the condition of the hair.
- Do not go to bed with your hair wet. Instead, place your hair in a loose ponytail or braid once completely dry.
- Overuse of heat tools will damage hair just like with natural hair.
- Stay away from salty and chlorinated water, as this will eat away the bonds that are holding in the hair extensions.
- Some slippage is common. If you are losing more than 10% of your extensions please call for an appointment so we can look at your hair and locate the issue.