Careers with Babydoll Hair Salon
“Best of Mesa” for Salon/Barber in 2015, 2016, 2017 and Best of Phoenix in 2013.
Position: Salon Stylist, Commission or Rental Available
All interested candidates should already have Cosmetology License in hand and email your resume along with three photos of current work to us. Our Salon Manager will follow up with potential candidates to set up an initial assessment.
In business since 2011, Babydoll Hair Salon is complete with 6 hair styling chairs and Bridal Suite. Our sister company, Babydoll Weddings, offers hair and makeup services to brides and their bridal party. The Salon stylists are responsible for providing beauty services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, scalp treatments, styling hair, waxing, extensions, and men’s cuts. The stylist must also be committed to doing what it takes to meet the company’s retail goals and be an example for fellow stylists. We offer a 6-week training for all new employees and provide regularly scheduled continued education classes.
- Personally deliver beauty services to support the accomplishment of company goals.
- Provides advice to clients.
- Apply creative abilities to styling.
- Ensure compliance with Arizona State Board of Cosmetology applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
- Demonstrate and sale of retail products and services.
- Actively attend and participate in Quarterly Stylist Education Classes and Monthly Staff Meetings to ensure consistency and development of the company.
- Participate in special projects and/or events.
- Must be able to analyze clients’ hair and physical features to determine beauty treatment and recommend hairstyles.
- Arrive on time and prepared each day.
- Quarterly Continued Education Classes
- Paid Vacation offered after 1 year anniversary
- Retail Product Lines- Kevin Murphy and L’ANZA
- Color Lines: Tocco Magico, L’anza, Pulp Riot, Joico, Blazing Lights, Pravana & Scruples Illusionist
- Lighted parking lot
- Complimentary beverage cart for clients
- Online Vagaro Booking App
- Regular Paid Advertising
- Employee product & service discounts offered
- New Client Advertising Coupon Cards & Business Cards
- Rotating walk-in schedule
- Fun clients & great tips
- Growth Opportunities and training
- Amazing staff and teamwork culture
- Competitive Contests and Prizes
Commissioned Stylists will receive an hourly base pay of State Minimum Wages during training. After a 6 week training period, Commissioned Stylists will receive 45% for the first $750 of services and 50% thereafter. Stylists also receive 10% commission for retail product sales.
Rental stations are $175/wk with the first month free with a one-year agreement. Month-to-month agreements also available.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the Salon Stylist, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and/or duties. Some of the responsibilities, task and/or duties of the Salon Stylist may differ from those outlined in this description and other duties, as assigned, will be part of the Salon Stylist’s tasks.